Quick question

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by A-Land, Jun 7, 2010.

1. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

Putting in a patio w/ a soldier course, it happens to be raised along one side but only about 6-8 inches above grade. My plan was to put a paver on top of wall block, but I haven't done that before and just want to confirm a method. Are the soldiers mortared together and attached to the wall block using adhesive? Obviously poly sand will run out in this application. Can someone give me a hand on this one?

PS - this is not for a customer, it's for a family friend. Don't need this to turn into a thread on leaving hardscaping to the pros.

2. greatinmulchbeds

greatinmulchbeds LawnSite Member

not sure i get what your saying, couldn't you just use the cap for the wall? why is it 8inches above the wall? any pictures?

3. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I suppose you could use the wall cap but IMHO I think they are pretty damn ugly. I'll try to draw something up later today.

4. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Why 6" above grade, hardly seems worth the extra work, much better to just grade it out.

5. tturbonegro

tturbonegro LawnSite Member
    from nj

ummmm.......huh ??

6. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

in response to your original question, yes adhesive would be the best bet for either pavers or wall cap, whichever you decide to go with

7. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

i would not run the pavers over the top of the block i would use caps then but the paver to the cap. use geo textiles so you dont lose bedding in to the block.