quick question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Dec 15, 2000.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

does any1 have the catalog to landscape supply the landscaper walkbehinds are they the same as the scags if they are thats a awesome price than.thanks ronnie

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They only look similar. When the 2 mowers are put side by side the differences become quickly apparent. The Scag mower will be cutting grass long after The Landscaper mower has turned into a pile of rusting junk behind the shop.

3. ronslawncare

youre right i look over the catalog alot it less quality machines like the trimers and blowers made by landscaper are weeker but they have kawasaki engines on them.

4. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

I might be way off on this but I thought the Landscaper Supply Walkbehind was at one time made by BlackRock Mfg. At least they look similar in design. I know it is not made by Scag.

5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn`t buy anything from Landscape Supply!
    I was mailed a copy of their catalog, and ordered blades for my mower, and you pay shipping & handeling on orders. When I received blades, they were too small so I argued with customer service about it and they told me to send them back and they would fix the problem. I sent them back and the postage was 12.00. I wound up spending more money on blades that were not as good as the oem blades at the dealer. I learned a lesson on this and won`t be ordering out of a catalog again.

6. ronslawncare

they offer all free freight but are the machines crap is the question.because if there not which i think they are than they offer a great deal kaw blower 205mph kaw trimmer long straight shaft and the landscaper walk behind which also has a kaw motor 32,36,ect ect
    the package would be nice 32 package belt drive is only 25,ooo with the backpack and trimmer both kawasakis like i said.

7. ronslawncare

2,500 not 25,ooo sorry that then would really be a bad deal then

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Craig Jones wrote:

<b><i>I might be way off on this but I thought the Landscaper Supply Walkbehind was at one time made by BlackRock Mfg.</b></i>

You've hit the nail right on the head Craig. Landscaper Supply owns Black Rock MFG.

9. ronslawncare

is black rock mfg anygood or no the engine size sounds weak to me but i dont know