Quick question??????????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bull, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I am planning to buy one of the Lesco brand truckster spreaders but got to thinking what powers the motor on the spreader? I was planning to mount it on my walkbehind but I don't have electric start. Am I out of luck here or what can I do?

2. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Does anyone have a response for this?

3. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

yes you need a battery. Buy a battery box for a small baterry,mount it, presto :)
    actually, I have one of the trucksters on a lazer z of mine. not really a big fan of it personally. I hate that stupid rope contraption that shuts the holes off.

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I hate the rope too. Changed mine to a lever like the push spreader. Mine was on a DC.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have a truckster as well. I also had it mounted on a WB mower that didn't have a battery for a time. I just bought a cheapo lawn mower battery and hooked it to that. A little bit of trouble to get everything strapped down so it was not moving around, but it worked. The WB I put it on just had too small of front wheels andit wanted to sink so i re-mounted it on my ztr.

I agree, I hate the pull rope shut off! Only savior for mine to keep it working everytime is drowning every moving part on it in wd-40 every day you use it. Once it starts to dry out it stops working right and you end up having to hold the cord back to keep the thing off.

P.S. My Lesco dealer said they are discontinuing the truckster spreader! If you want or need a new one you better get it now before they are gone!