1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Review: Stihl BG 55

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by champyards, Nov 26, 2012.

1. champyards

champyards LawnSite Member

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I'm telling you, you have got to change the color and size of the font. Older eyes like mine have trouble with that.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

To me if it's hard to start it's not a machine I want. My Shindaiwa equipment have always been 1 to 2 pull machines, even after sitting over the winter and being 10+ years old...start right up and ready to work right away. My newest purchases have been Husqvarna and they don't start quite as easily as my Shindaiwa stuff but still they start quickly and are ready to work with minimal warmup. I do agree that a handheld blower is good for working in confined spaces like shrubs against a house. You can scorch vinyl siding trying to use a backpack blower in areas like that....hmmm...what's that smell...ooops. I usually just use my backpack anyway though. I just take a tube off.

4. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I think you are going to find this review tactic to backfire.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

my bg 85 has always been hard to start. -its been demoted to back up cause of this

6. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Time to get those old eye's checked again maybe?

7. 1Sharkey

1Sharkey LawnSite Member
    from STL

If it brings traffic to his webpage, and drives his hit count stats up, whats to backfire.

8. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

It's not much better veiled than google search links to items I have for sale and it's still spam... He could have wrote the review here, instead he went about it in such a way that anyone wanting to read it has to visit his web site and if I'm not allowed to post a link to an item I have for sale why should anyone else be allowed to post back door links to their commercial interests?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

10. champyards

champyards LawnSite Member

I did not realize this was viewed as spam...my apologies, we will be sure to no longer post our review links to this site.
    Posted via Mobile Device