Quick Sealcoat ?'s

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by grassman21, May 13, 2008.

1. grassman21

grassman21 LawnSite Member

does tank size play any more part into the equation than just amount of sealer it can hold? maybe a dumb question but i have a 65 gallon tank i would like to use, (am planning to make some sort of spray unit similar to star seal's cheap model) sure it cant hold as much quantity wise but most of my buisness will be 2x2 residential drives... also does anyone(smaller business's) just buy sealer by 5 gallon buckets, i think that pricing will be nearly the same once shipping is figured into a 55 gallon drum....any brands sold at lowes or menards(5 gallon buckets) that anyone would suggest, or warn against? and would i need to dilute these sealers( water or add sand) or would they be ready to apply?

2. SurfaceMax

SurfaceMax LawnSite Member
    from TX

This is a duplicate post, I answered in the other forum but didn't catch that you would be using a non agitated/square tank. So it won't work for sealing period.
    It would work for priming.

3. MisterRatburn

MisterRatburn LawnSite Member
    from NY

If you use a square tank... then you are an infidel!!! Burn in Hell!

4. grassman21

grassman21 LawnSite Member

it is a round tank and i will be using a transfer pump

5. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

There was a guy selling his square tank and aggitation attachment that went on a drill. He used it for years before putting it up for sale.

Will you have to aggitate it more often?...yes.....is it that hard?....No. Can you use a square tank?...Yes. Heck you can use a 55 gallon drum if you want (and that drill attachment/looked like a drywall mud mixer).

Peace

6. seal4cash

seal4cash LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Bigger tank is good when your supplier is out of your way, since you don't spend as much time in transit getting the supply of sealant...if you spray gilsonite (oil-based) the tank shape dosen't matter...there seems to be a little war of opinion on agitation with spraying other sealants....from what i gather it is ideal to have an agitating system of sorts, but some guys just rely on agitation through re-circulation and they are fine....i guess it depends on your mix.....