Quick Survey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutntrim, Nov 18, 2000.

1. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

A few posts in the past have asked forum members how much they earn in a season. Not many people (myself included) are going to give out what they personally earn in a year. My feeling is that's nobody's business but mine.

However, I think it'd be interesting to know how many full-time/part-time employees (in addition to yourself) you may have, and what your expected GROSS for 2000 is. Not NET, and not what you personally make...just GROSS. I figure most of us are small businesses grossing less than $150K.

In fact, don't even be specific. Just give a range for an answer. I.E. Under 50K, 50K-75K, 75K-100K, 100K-150K, 150K-200K, 200K-250K, 250 and above.

I'll start...this year it's just my partner and I plus one full-time employee and we expect to gross around 140K-150K. Last year we had three full time employees and grossed 175K-200K. We're full-service 12months a year.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The last one you posted fits me, the $250.00 and above.

3. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I'll be next.

I guess I would fit in the 50K to 75K end. We are really rural here. A good year is 75K gross.

I have myself and a partner.

4. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

50-75k Went through a full timer. Now just me and a 3-10 hr part timer

5. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

This year I will gross slightly over 50K and I am a one man show working full time.

Ryan

6. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

This year less then 50K
    I have over 120K bid out for next year.
    Me and a part timer Im a part timer myself, if I get what I've got bid probly 2 full timers and myself.
    Jim

7. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I looks like we will finish up in the 200,000 to 250,000 club.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm with Eric, $250.00 and above!

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I also grossed more than $250 this year. I'm not sure if I netted that much though :)

10. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

this is my first year by the end of this month i should have made a little over 30,000 but next year im gona double and more with my new toys.