1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quick trac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevy1tondualyjd, Apr 5, 2004.

1. chevy1tondualyjd

chevy1tondualyjd LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Im thinking about buying a quick trac mower for my company and was wondering if it was worth it I already have two john deere mowers whats ya'lls opinion on them
  2. clean green

clean green LawnSite Member

do not buy the quick trac. I've had so many problems with mine just had the hydralics go out this weekend -- thank God for the warranty
  3. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

Anyone else having any problems with the JD Quik-Trak? Currently having a dealer work up some numbers on a new one. Currently have a 737 Z-Trak that's now a year old and have had no problems with it.
  4. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

I test drove one yesterday.....weirdest hydraulics I have ever used.... I was seriously considering it until I drove it....drove it around my dealers yard (large rural dealer) and the right front wheel never touched the ground......He asked me if I wanted to demo it and I declined .....I couldn't get the hang of it..... I have been using choppers for four years and I guess they have spoiled me on the hydraulic system....it seemed that you had to force the jd to go.....I was really excited about the quik trak...was going to use it instead of a walk/behind....after test driving it I am going to order a walk behind....just my experience...Im sure that there are people that love their's......

2004 Dixie Chopper 25hp 50"
    2004 Sutech Stealth (I know...I found this site the day after I bought it)
    2 Shindaiwa T231's
    1 JD edger
    EB630 b/p blower
    Stihl handheld blower
    12' trailer
  5. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

These are the first bad reviews about John Deere i've ever heard.
  6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

7. jase4tiff

jase4tiff LawnSite Member

I have an 04 657 that does great i have no issues with getting used to the hydros on it. I have 1115 hrs on my unit with same hydros and wheel motors.
  8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have an '04 647 and havent had those problems. But I have no experience with the new ones.
  9. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have a 647 with 2000 hours on it and 2 647A with 200 hours problem free.
    I also have 657A 150 hours and 667 ? hours and 667A 275 hours. Only problems spark plug and hydro spring. I have owned several different brands of Z's and I have owned Wright standers, and the John Deere has the best cut of all.