quick users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I have researched and talked to owners. I am hearing the same thing over and over again that it does not handle hills nor turn very well. Any thoughts?
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

This is true...

However, Remember that you Get waht you pay for.

the Quick, is cheeper than most others,
  3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

...and in some/most threads the 'dedicated' owners say they're a breeze to maneuver. I'm mystified as well. Going across hills sounds like the biggest challenge to me. Does BOPs chosen transaxle facilitate turning as opposed to other single hydros out there...IE Ferris?

Quick 32 - 35.5" wide with chute up
    Quick 36 - 39" wide with chute up

After measuring all my gates I need a 32. There are no dual hydro 32s besides a Wright Stander 32 (for a lot of money), so then I would have to go with a belt drive 32 for the same, or more likely, slightly more money. Though it sounds like a single hydro is better than a belt drive for a # of reasons besides weight and reverse-ability.

Re: 36s - Just by looking at weight alone, the Quick 36 Samurai (<350lbs)weighs in at 100-350+ lbs lighter than big-name 36 dual hydros. Go look the #s up:

A Toro dual hydro floating 36" deck is 667 lbs...and a Wright 36 Stander is 620 lbs/and the 36RH and Sentar Sport 36 are both 710 lbs......before the operator stands on it. :dizzy: Granted the Wrights have wider tires...but the Toro and the Quickie 32 have the same tire width...and the Quick 36 Samurai has 1" wider tires than the Toro hydro (at over 300 lbs heavier).

I could certainly be making a a bigger deal about weight than it is, but my best customers irrigate and a lighter mower makes more sense as I can mow with less rutting when conditions are damp.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

So are you saying that a cheaper machine is lower quality ?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I am glad good research and reasoning won in this instance...you will not be disappointed in a BOP quick series machine. As far as the hills and turning...no mower turns perfect on a hill...and being a lightweight machine makes the quick that much easier...and all the hubbub about turning ..you need to feel one to gage this ..It's truly effortless
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the time it is......
  7. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone has their own personal limits when it comes to strength and coordination. What some may describe as effortless, others may think is a horrible effort... But, since landscaping is a pretty physical occupation, I would think most guys would be in fair shape when it comes to gettin' 'r done.

I will say this about that... my 110 pound daughter mows her personal lawn every week with a (manual start) Quick. And you can rest assured that if there were problems, Daddy would be the first to hear about it! Her property has the usual dips and slopes and obstacles found on the average lawn and she handles it just fine. A buncha hairy-legged landscapers oughta be OK. :laugh:

At one point or another over the last 30 years, I've run every brand and type of walk-behind mower out there and can say for a fact and without any reservation that the Quick's are the the easiest to use. That's why we give you 30 days to try it out on your turf. If you don't like it, send it back and we'll refund your money.

Just one small comment on price/value. The reason our prices are low is because you're not paying for a dealer. Our Q-36 16HP electric-start Kawasaki Samurai that sells for $2795 would cost about $3895 (plus $275 in local sales tax) if you bought it through a dealer. Ya... we don't see $1375 worth of extra value there either. Just food for thought.

8. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

It's all about what you are used to. I would have no problem using an Exmark, Toro, Ferris, Scag or most other commercial brands if someone gave them to me . They all might have some differences, but I could learn to use each one as efficiently as possible pretty darn quick. For the money though, I don't see anything beating the Quick. I will be purchasing the 32 with 13hp Briggs for $1995, the two major things it has going for it at least for me is the compact size and the price. I plan to have it in my pickup (no trailer), with a Toro 21, much like the other pictures you have probably seen on here with the Ford Ranger setup. This will probably be like a Cadillac compared to some mowers I have used in the past.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So is your unit better than a Ferris with the same drive? I have been around for awhile also and I can assure you that those drives are a killer on hills. And it doesn't take much of a hill or ditch to put a lot of extra stress over a 8 hour day. You got a good product for the price but I wouldn't be making claims like the one above..
  10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I just dont believe lighter mowers rut less as long as the tires on the heavier mower has a bigger footprint. Bigger tires distribute more weight. My choice in this size mower would be a Cub Cadet widecut 33. Dollar for dollar it cant be beat.