Quick36 Hour Meter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by optus, May 1, 2008.

1. optus

optus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have the Quick36 Super Fox mower and I would like to add an hour meter. I found various devices from Tiny-Tach and Sendec, but I'm not sure which model will work with my mower. Has anyone installed one of these hour meters and if so, could you please provide a model number and link. Thanks.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use the TT226NR-2C from Tiny Tach

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/gasoline.php

BTW, there is a note there that says...

Engines frequently referred to as a "4 stroke" may not be a true 4-stroke because they fire on the exhaust stroke as well – requiring a 2C.

Pay no attention to this. Our engines are true 4 strokes. The ignition system is called a Wasted Spark Ignition System. It's how all small 4 strokes are run with the exception of the Kohler K engine. You do not have a Kohler K engine.

3. optus

optus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Super, thanks Richard. Yes, I believe my Super Fox engine is a Briggs 13.5HP. By the way, was the device easy to install? Did you have to cut or modify any wiring? Did you purchase direct from Tiny-Tach?

4. Richard Martin

I get mine directly from Tiny Tach.

Installation is easy. Just mount the meter where ever you want it and then wrap the wire that is attached to it around a spark plug wire.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Optus -- When did you get your Q-36 ?? Was it before BOP started putting hour meters on their machines at all ?

6. optus

optus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I got my Quick36 a couple of years ago. I chose to get the model without the battery, which is the SuperFox. I don't believe the hour meter comes with the models that do not include the battery. My SuperFox was configured for someone else, who decided not to purcahse it after all, so Gary gave me a great deal. It included so many extras that I couldn't pass it up.

7. optus

optus LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Thanks Richard. By the way, where did you mount your Tiny-Tach? Did you use the double-sided tape or screws? I was trying to see where they are mounted on the new models, but I can't find a picture.

8. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

In regard to the question of where to mount the Tiny Tack, the Q36 that comes with an hour meter (Samurai) has a rectangular hole for it that is approximately 1" x 1 3/8". Looking at a web picture of the Tiny Tack, I think it would fit into that same hour-meter hole, maybe with a little filing. I suspect the Super Fox has that same hole but just isn't being used.

9. Richard Martin

I mounted mine up top on the control panel between the handle bars. Mine is screwed into place. Make sure you wire tie the wire to the handle bars etc. so it doesn't get caught on anything.