Quick36 quickly approaching!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by WillMowForBeer, Feb 18, 2006.

1. WillMowForBeer

WillMowForBeer LawnSite Member

Ha! no pun intended!!! Stopped by the warehouse/manufactor for Better Outdoor Products and demoed the super duty for a few...Nice Machine!

Very easy to operate and lightweight Cant wait! :weightlifter:

Waiting on tax returns:cry:

I'll keep everybody informed on performance in the field later this year...

2. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Hey WillMow, what did you like most about the Super Duty, & what did you like least? I am considering ordering one also.

Bigcutup

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

4. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Sean,

I have already been on their web site many, many times. However like buying a truck without a demo drive, the videos don't answer all the questions. So, I ask for owners opinions whenever I can. Yes, I have done the "search feature" on this product several time also. Here in SW Missouri, I can put my hands on Snapper, John Deere, Exmark, & if I drive 150 miles round trip Gravely, Hustler, and Wright. But I can't put my hands on a Quick 36 Super Duty. So, I ask questions & opinions. That is the main problem with considering one of them, no where to see or demo them. Thanks for your help.

bigcutup

5. Sean Adams

I agree with you...was just pointing out the video on their site. Gary (owner) of Better Outdoor is a very accomodating guy. I can't speak for him but I know he is working hard to get his mower out there. Have you contacted him direct?

6. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Sean,

Yes, I have talked with Gary & his staff several tiimes & e-mailed them also. You are right, they are extremely accomodating. They are one of the strongest selling points for this mower. Even with no local support for warranty or service problems,I am still strongly considering buying one. As an old geezer, I try to get more questions answered before a purchase than I did when I was a young buck!!!

By the way Sean, Congratulations on one of the best websites any where on the internet. You have done a great job here at Lawnsite!!

Bigcutup

7. Sean Adams

There are a lot of great mowers out there - all the mfgs will admit that. It is going to come down to what you feel the most comfortable with. Gary and all the sponsors at LawnSite - as well as the members make this site what it is!

Good Luck with your purchase!

8. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a new Quick 36 this winter. I have not fired it up yet becasue it is still winter. As I get started with it this spring I will be writing a lot about it. I will fire it up and work on my own yard the first nice day in March. Let you know how it goes.

9. WillMowForBeer

WillMowForBeer LawnSite Member

Hey Bigcutup I havent driven a wb in about ten years so my first want/need was ease of operation...which the Q36 has. Theres nothing to it which is why a lot of people on here will not even consider it. It's a single hydro so you cant spin it around to make really tight turns with out tearing up some grass. BUT as light and manuverable as it is you should be able to drive it almost anywhere with a little time on it. I just wish they made a 44"-48" mower! I was in a hurry because I needed to beat the 5:00 rush hour where I40 and I85 meet on the way home so I didnt stay too long. I will be picking the mower up myself so if you have any other ??? let me know and I'll try to answer in about 2 weeks when I have It in hand.

*negative- 2 1/2 gallon gas tank (approx)
    *positive - very compact I plan on putting 2 of these front to back on my trailer
    *positive- price
    *positive- Three blades instead of two

Hope this helped!:drinkup:

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

BIGCUTUP---

Check out the upcoming issue of TURF MAGAZINE as a did a test review for the mag and it will have a detailed article and pictures in it. I'll already tell you the Q36 tested VERY WELL!

Also WILLMOW I believe the tank is 3.5 gallons.