1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick36 step-saver video.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thesargent, Feb 15, 2007.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

"this is totally unscripted":laugh:
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

That's great! :laugh: The narration made the video for sure. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have had a clue what was going on for the first 2 minutes while waiting for the guy in the mower to get close enough to be SEEN. The guy know what a ZOOM function was on the camera?

The one 180* turn we actually got to see, looked like a wild ride, plus you have to go one way, then like lightning fast have to change direction to get turned the other way... looks like it would take a LOT of practice, and not something I'd want to attempt if pointed down a slight grade with something of value in front of me.
  4. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

It reminded me of that mushroom turn that Topsite is always posting.. I wish that video was on a normal yard.
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

From the video it looks like it will pull a sulky but did anyone notice how the front end of the mower looked like it was jumping up whenever it went over rough ground? I'm a more than a little suspicious about Quick36 turning with a sulky, if its so good at it why didn't they show it up close???? Looks fishy to me.
  6. thesargent

for what it is i think its pretty good. you must remember that this is a single hydro unit. obviously a dual hydro would steer better, and easier, but this seems alright. can other single hydro machines do this, like the ferris. i agree i would also like to see it on a different yard, more normal(flat, open).
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I thought the far away film footage was a little suspicious too. But I think you can see it good enough to realize that it turns better than you would think....with the step-saver. I, too, would like to see it closer.
  8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

That was Jameson, (narrating), he is or was a member of the forum here. I was also surprised by how easily it seemed to turn.
  9. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 32" Ferris and tried it. Not easy at all. You have to muscle the machine around pretty good. The Ferris is a lot longer though so that may have an effect on it.It is also heavier. I have never tried a Q36 to compare.
  10. thesargent

yes that was a video from jameson, i havent seen him around in a while.