QuickBooks Do It Yourself Payroll

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Mar 16, 2004.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Anybody know how to make this thing use time and a half for hours over 40?

I've been on hold with Quickboioks for over an hour now. Each time, it's some Indian person telling me I have to call another department. The queue time with each department is about a half an hour. I'm waiting for the fourth department to answer right now. :mad:

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. DFW Area Landscaper

from DFW, TX

I'm witing in the fifth queue now! And they made me pay $75 for this!:blob2: :mad: :mad: :blob2:

3. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

We set up different pay rates for straight time and overtime. When we enter hours, we enter everything over 40 at the overtime rate. I have never come up with a way for QB to automatically do this, if you fine out there is a way, let us all know.

There is a QB Forum set up just like this one, there might be an answer there. No cost to ask there either. After I get off LS, I'll go over there and look.

Doug
    Austereim Landscaping

4. DFW Area Landscaper

from DFW, TX

I finally got through to an american who knew what he was doing. You're doing it right. Hell, I could have figured out how to do that. You have to break the week into two separate portions, one at regular pay for the first 40 hours and one for overtime pay at time and a half.

They charged me $75 for this. I'm disputing the charges. Their billing department is supposed to call me back within 48 hours. If they don't call or if they won't back down, I plan to dispute through visa. I know that if I tried to pull a stunt like that through visa I'd likely lose.

Besides, they told me when I paid the $169 for the Do It Yourself Payroll service that the software would automatically do this. I specifically asked the sales rep about it. Liars!

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

5. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

I don'tknow if you were lucky or not. I've never been able to get through on their support line. The product is very good, but if you can't fine the answer in the manual or online, forget it.

Doug
    Austreim Landscaping

6. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to ck out Medlin Shareware @ medlin.com. Been using it for several years now with no problems and great support. Not to mention 1/2 the cost of Qbooks payroll.