Quickbooks Doesnt Do What Lawn Pro Does

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joallen001, Jun 2, 2008.

1. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

My accountant was gonna set up quickbooks for me. We could not figure out a way to invoice and show all the dates for each visit on mowing. Looks like lawnpro is good for scheduling but quickbooks is good for everything else. Does anyone know how to schedule in quickbooks and make yards re occur every 7 days other than manually typing it on a invoice.

2. go to qxpress.com. it is a quickbooks approved add on that will do all of your scheduleing and everything is intergrated to quickboos we use it and love it.

3. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

Under "customers", there should be a tab for "enter charges". I'm still small enough where I can go in and do this everyday after work. It's fast and only takes a minute to record the day's activities. When you create an invoice, all of the charges with the date entered will show up. Another tip - setup your product (service) list under the customer name with their normal service info and pricing associated.

Good luck.

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto, been with them since the lawn monkey days!

5. joallen001

from TN

Thanks for the help I will check out qxpress

6. joallen001

from TN

How many customers are you managing through qxpress?

7. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

That qxpress looks awesome. I was just watching the demo videos, too bad it costs so much. I mean $800, too much for me unless I had a LOT of customers

8. Ruben Rocha

Ruben Rocha LawnSite Senior Member

If you use the memorized transaction feature you could use have it automaticly charge each account on a reoccuring schedule. For my regular accounts that are billed on a monthly basis. I use the statement feature instead of a invoice. Then the charges are applied each month. You will get a prompt to apply all the charges when due. You can set the interval to whatever you like Weekly Biweekly etc. You might find that it is easier to memorize transactions to occur weekly and then delete the charges to the customers that don't apply than entering everyone. BTW once you set it up you can also just view the list and right clik just the ones you want and it will apply the memorized amount to just that customer and not the complete list. No typing at all