Quickbooks estimate ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lwcmattlifter, Mar 22, 2005.

1. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

This might be a silly question but here goes. When doing an estimate with QB can you use a range in the quantity section? For example 30-33 yards of mulch or 25-28 mowings?

2. vharrison2

vharrison2 LawnSite Member

Hum, my quickbooks estimate only has an Item field, description field, and a total field.

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

no you cant . i always bid it at 32 cuts to be on the safe side. i will post a sample of mine in a few. i have to do an estimate first though.

4. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

you can customize the estimate and change or add fields

5. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

Try to customize your estimate. find a field that does not change your total as qty does. Then change its name to qty and set the origional not to show on estimate.

6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I was hoping that somehow I could get a field to accept a range and then show the total as a range. If I remove the quantity field then QB won't know to multiply rate x new field. Any thoughts? I could just enter the total manually I think.

7. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

You won't be able to do this in quickbooks. I would probably write in the description feild 25 to 30 mowings at a cost of $525 to $650. Then fill in the qty 30 price $25 and let it total. any customer should be able to figure this out. Anouther option would be to write in the description feild 25 to 30 mowings, cost per mowing then put the price in the price feild and leave the qty blank. Sinse I don't know exactly what you are trying to do I'm just throwing out sugestions.