Quickbooks Gurus

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jpmako, Feb 21, 2005.

1. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using quickbooks for years now and one thing that stumps me is
    can I set up recurring payment for customers?
    Here is an example of what I mean:

Lets say that my pricing for snow plowing is as follows for customer x

2"-6" $35.00
    6"-12" $70.00
    12"+ $140.00

Shoveling remains a constant $10.00 per storm

Instead of me having to remember what I charge this customer
    can I setup these prices so that when I am creating her invoice these automatically come up? Maybe I am lazy but it seems that there must be a better way than having all of these different prices in the Items/services menu and having to go back and look at previous invoices to see what I am charging a specific customer! ;)
    I am running QB accountant edition 2002
    Are there any modules that would solve this problem like the customer manager?
    If the newer versions have a better system, I am going to pick it up tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

2. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

I think you can set the "item" with the customers name instead of an item number. Somehting like;

smith 2-6
    smith 6-12
    smith 12+

3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

Mueller

Thats the exact same thing i do.

Example
    Smithsnow1 = smith snow removal 2-4" for $34
    Johnsonsnow1 = Johnson Snow removal 2-4" $45
    Smithmow = mowing for smith
    smithleaf
    smithbushes
    etc.

That makes an easy way to track how many times you service each account as well. It is very simple to print a report stating how many times you "sell" each item.

4. John from OH

John from OH LawnSite Member

jpmako,

What we do is create memorized transaction groups, ie, 2"-6" Snow Plowing, 6"-12" Snow Plowing, and 12"+ Snow Plowing. Next, create an invoice for each customer at each level, ie. Mrs. Smith 2-6 at $35, Mrs. Smith 6-12 at $70, and Mrs. Smith 12+ at $140 and record them in the appropriate memorized transaction group. After each snow fall, just enter the memorized transaction group, change the date to the correct one and hit enter, it will enter all of the customers in that group. We break our memorized groups out as to commercial, residential, salting, etc. It takes less than 5 minutes to enter all of our plowing/ salting for a given day for 5 plows. We then run a sales report for that day and cross check for accuracy. If you skip a customer for some reason, just delete their invoice for that storm.