Quickbooks help.. Returned a product

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure what to do when you return something to a vendor you wrote a check to... other than deleting the entry altogether???

Anyone know what to do... credit or something?

THANKS!

2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Did they cash your check and give a refund?

How did you get your money back?

Let me know and I'll tell you the best way to record it.

3. Lawn-Scapes

Bruce,

I made the purchase with my business visa check card.. then 3 weeks later returned it and they credited the card.

edit: The check card is associated with my business checks.. all recorded in the same registry.

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

If your check card is associated with your register, and you recorded the credit, shouldn't that take care of it?

Otherwise, can't you just void the check (or entry) and pretend nothing happened? When you balance your books, everything should come out all right.

Just some ideas.

5. Lawn-Scapes

Tvov,

I haven't recorder a credit to my register.. because I don't know how... hence my post. I'm pretty good with QBs but I'm not seeing anyway to do it..

I know I can void the transaction but was looking for an alterative... I don't know.. maybe to keep the same as my statements.

Thanks.

6. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

repeat the trans as a negative amount

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Do you record your check card charges the same as you would credit cards?? If so, there is a button to check for "credits." just credit the amount back to your card. I have QBooks Pro, 2002. You might have adifferent version. Email me if you have some ?'s.