quickbooks invoicing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Jun 3, 2008.

1. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

How do you guys input your info into the invoices? When I am going through my daily list sheets and entering it seems more time consuming than it should be. I have to enter 1 date and then go to next invoice for the next customer on the list. Then 7 sheets later I am going back through the invoices trying to find that customer to add another date. Not all customers are mowed weekly and some days get shifted around so I can just say 1st
    8th, 15th, 22nd.

I'm new to quickbooks but getting her figured out bit by bit.

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the scheduling programs like CLIP and QExpress.

3. BLC1

from Ohio

What does that do for the invoicing part? Does he keep all your dates when you mowed for the last month?

4. BLC1

from Ohio

Also, do you guys enter items daily, weekly or just wait until the end of the month?

5. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I try to enter everything at the end of a work day.

6. BLC1

from Ohio

that would prolly keep me from going so crazy at the end of each month. I feel like theres an easier way that what im doing though.

7. BLC1

from Ohio

any word on the scheduling programs

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Definatly the way to go. Keeps one from getting overwhelmed.

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

This has been discussed before. Here is a post I made long ago, on how I do the invoicing.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2052111&postcount=7

I've simplified the process a little this season, thanks to a tip on LS about setting up an entry for each customer in the Items List. All I need is the date, then the Item, and the description and amount are entered for me.

I make all entries each evening for that day's work -- never let anything sit in backlog for entry. I fear that I will miss something and not get an entry in the invoice.

10. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i enter daily, i bill at the end of each month, so if i worked today, the inoice says june 30 for the date. next week i double click on accounts recievable and there is your list of current and open invoices. find the customer, click on them, add your next visit. if you cant find them, click on customer center, find them thier and see if you have an open ivoice. it took me a while to really figure alot of it out.