QuickBooks isn't so qucik?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tgaskill, Feb 19, 2007.

1. tgaskill

tgaskill LawnSite Member

I've been running my company for almost 5 years now. I thought I'd start this year a little different by making the books, tracking, creating invoices etc a little easier. After doing some research I decided to go with QB's. Is it just me or is this program a pain in the butt and not simple at all. Anyone have any suggestions on making this easier?

2. its like anything else it takes some time to learn it.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

4. lakesregionscapes

lakesregionscapes LawnSite Member

I use quickbooks at my "other job" and have just switched the LCO books over to it too: it does take time to set up, but it is really slick when you get everything setup in there. Not specific to Landscaping so you may have to customize more initially.
    Worth it in the long run...

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

See if some local classes are held .... I had too seat down with my CPA a couple hrs here n there to really be open to the power of this program ....it ROCKS ... even today I find something I was not aware of or was doing a harder way

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I couldn't manage my business without it after all these years

7. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought Quick Books last year, and yea at first it was taking awhile to do bills. But once I sat and read the manual and got use to the program it is pretty quick. I entered in all of my services and accounts and it takes me about 30 seconds or less per bill.

8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I love QB. Actually, for QB problems I just contact my accountant and since they are VERY familiar with it they can answer almost any question I have. Really no need for tech support.

9. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same frustration with it. I am very computer savvy, but nothing about this program was intuitive to me. Once I looked at the name of the company that produces it, I realized it was just a few letters short of being intuitive.LOL I finally just hired a full time Bookkeeper/Office Manager. Now, I just tell her how I want stuff set up and what reports I want to see when, and it all magically appears, on my desk when I arrive in the morning. You just need to purchase the "Book Keeper" addin.LOL

10. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

If you have a basic knowledge of accounting QB is a breeze. Otherwise, use Intuit's website and find a certified Quickbooks advisor near you. Have them do you account set ups and train you. They can also get you 20% off all Quickbooks products.