quickbooks or lawnpro software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by joeyp614, Jan 19, 2007.

1. joeyp614

joeyp614 LawnSite Member

I need some advice on the lawnpro software. I really liked the demo, it seemed like it would be easy to learn. The price is right too. I have about 70 weekly lawn accounts (not counting landscaping). Do you guys think this would be a wise move or should i get quickbooks 2007. Thanks for the help:waving:
  2. HiTECH

HiTECH LawnSite Member

I bought quick books and i really regret it. Quick books isnt aimed toward the lawn care business like the other software is.
  3. dlenz32

dlenz32 LawnSite Member

i bought the lawnpro software just a few weeks ago. Seems like it has everything you would need. I'm just starting out so it was much more appealing b/c of the price. But dropping AT LEAST a couple hundred on pretty much anything else seems a bit much.

Happy so far......hope it stays that way.

4. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have had quickbooks for the past two years, it isn't that good. It has good reports(income/expense...etc.) but I am not pleased with the billing. I will be switching to lawnpro very soon.
  5. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

How did you get the demo for lawnpro? I was just about to buy the quickbooks software
  6. joeyp614

joeyp614 LawnSite Member

i think i got it at lawnpro software.com or lawn care business.com
  7. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Though you can use either/or of these two programs for your LCO ... keep in mind that you can also use BOTH. If you are wanting the Lawn Pro software because it is "industry specific", that is great. Quick Books is great for the financial part of your business because you can save all the info you need to a CD, and then give that to your accountant. Most all accountants and bookkeepers recommend this program for small businesses to use for that specific reason.

I too am one that uses both.
  8. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i have lawnpro and it is awesome and they are always improving it. check out the blogs, it tells you all about the new features that were put on there with the newest versions (the upgrades are free after you purchase it) i just downloaded the 2.13 yesterday but i dont see a blog for it yet

here is a link to the blogs http://www.lawnprosoftware.com/blog/

for the financial part you could keep track of everything with excel possibly then just give it to your accountant and let him do the rest
  9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I use lawnpro for everything, including the financials. It will let you keep track of everything you spend as an expense, and let you categorize it with a custom category. Your income is based on your total invoices.

Worked pretty well for me.:dancing:
  10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Lawnpro like the name sais is tailored to our industry and has features that Quick Books doesn't. Quick Books can be set up to work with just about any business but it does take some time to figure out. I have been using it since 98 and it has worked fine for my business. I would like to see Quick Books ad some feature specific items for our industry but after talking with them they told me that they are going to leave things as they are for now. Depending on what is most important to you whether it be reports or the convenience you get with Lawn Pro with features like scheduling, routes and so on, buy what suites your business best. I have to track alot of income & expenses along with inventory and time so Quick Books works best for me.