1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quickbooks payroll and credit cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Blink74, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

how many are using Quickbooks credit card processing and/or Payroll and how's it work for you?

I've been using a full service payroll company where all I have to do is call in the hours each pay period and they do the rest. It's is nice because they do all the filings and everything, but it is like $100 a month for just two paychecks. I'm sure that with QB payroll I could do two or three paychecks pretty easily and it would save me a $1000 a year.

Also, I need to start accepting Credit cards and want auto billing. Looks like QB can do this as well.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.
  2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

We use QB payroll. You have to pay like 3-400 yr for it so its not free. It works for us cause we only have 4-5 employees full time. Once the employee is set up, you just enter their hours, pay rate for different jobs, and print out the stub, check etc. We dont use them for the checks though, but that may change this year. Also will be going to online QB and getting some jobclocks. Im hoping that all this will provide an easier to use, more accurate payment system.
  3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I use both services. When you do the payroll, you have a choice of basic or enhanced. the enhanced will do your 940/941's and your state forms for payroll. RETAIL price is 249.00 and when you first install it, it gives you some numbers and sets you up to auto renew. DON"T DO IT. Every year, around this time, enhanced payroll goes on sale for around 149.00 just install the new version when your old one runs out. It gives you a year for what you buy.

as for the CC, Merchant solutions will charge you a premium because they are the only ones you can use that is actually integrated into QB. I have stuck with them for a few years, but may reconsider down the road. Their fees are higher than any other service I have seen, but none of the others integrate so easily with QB. you are paying for that convienence