Quickbooks Pro- A must for any small business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Pa Teeny, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Pa Teeny

Pa Teeny LawnSite Member

If one want to start a small business this should be one of the first investments. It can do payroll and sales tax, estimates and billing invoices. I love it.

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Why is one of your first 2 posts pushing QuickBooks? What do you get out of it? It doesn't make you look good.

3. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't listen to Grits, some people try to make others feel bad for their own short comings. There are alot of great software out there, and Glad you found QB Pro, as I think most of us use it. Your accountant will thank you :)

4. Phoenix

Phoenix LawnSite Member

May accountant hated me using QB Pro because it’s not really double entry accounting (at least it wasn’t at the time). After I hire a book keeper, we switch to Peach tree and never looked back.

http://www.peachtree.com/

5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Most people are part-time on this site. No need for fancy complicated time consuming entries in QuickBooks. Just use a sheet of paper for each customer to track visits, payments,etc.

Can you use a cheap $40 billing system from Office-Max.

6. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I thought this was weird too. This is the second time this guy has brought up QB Pro. And he has only posted twice. hmmm.

7. shortgrass01

shortgrass01 LawnSite Member
    from SC

Aye I agree quick books is a money sucking tool, alway having to pay for updates and lic. There are much better options that quick books which i have many years with, including peach tree, which is another money pit. Unless your doing 300k a year.. you dont need it. My wife is my quick book. lol she does very well, and she works for kisses. lol j/k

Shortgrass

8. Phoenix

Phoenix LawnSite Member

As far as Peach-Tree being a money pit, my accountant simply added me to his licenses and when he was in the area, stopped by picked up any paper work he needed and updated the software (if needed).

If you are at a point that requires you to have an accountant (CPA), ask them what software they use and if they will rent you a licensed copy and provide updates. Trust me, it will come out cheaper. The accountant and you come out ahead as your book keeping and theirs are compatible with each other.

I strongly suggest having you books looked at quarterly and at the end of the year by a CPA to keep you from getting behind the 8 ball with the IRS.

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. But if you are so naive as to believe this is not a spammer you should chill for a couple days...you've been in the sun too long!:bday:
    AND.....I do not have any short comings...I am perfect! (except for my extra nipple);)

10. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Got it hate it and now I just turning all paperwork into Bookeeper let her worry with it all for $50.00 a month soat that price why should I get gray hairs I hate paper work only downside of being a selfemployed mowing contractor