1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quickbooks Pro

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by klkanders, Mar 20, 2008.

1. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I am thinking on purchasing Quickbooks Pro. My question is regarding the different forms available when creating estimates or invoices. Is there one or more choices available that shows Item, Description, Quantity, Rate, Total on the computer screen but only shows maybe Description, Quantity and a Total of all on the customers printed form?

For inventory I would like to have it all listed for me for tracking purposes.
    However I would prefer the customer not seeing in print how it is all broken down.

Any info would be great. Thanks!
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I am new to QB also. There are some predesinged templets that you can customize. The selection is limmited for different businesses. Learning to use the "customize" feature is a challange in its self. Plan on needing several hours to accomplish this task. Use the help feature, its usefull to some extant. Yes, some things you can have show only on the screen for your viewing.
  3. klkanders

from Midwest

I am using Quickboks simple start now but dont have the options im looking for or hear that are available with the Pro version. Before purchasing I just wanted to make sure I could only show description, quantity, and total on the customers copy of the estimate or invoice. Thanks for responding!

4. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

Yes, you can do exactly what you are wanting to do. I found the templates to be very customizable and you do get to choose what the customer sees and what you see.

I have my logo on there. I have the headings and returns in the proper position so that I can use window envelopes. I also include a return envelope and the bottom of the my invoices are perforated so that they can tear off and remit payment (also window envelope so that customer does not have to fill anything out). It may be a little overkill but I get a lot of compliments on my invoices.
  5. klkanders

from Midwest

Sandman, Good Ideas Thanks much for the information!
  6. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

Go to Intuit / Quickens web site and start looking around. If you spend enough time, they will have a pop up asking you if you want to talk to a "rep" via IM. I did it and they answered my questions. Be specific and make sure they answer all of your questions. Dang thing is pricey if it doesn't do what you want.

FYI- If you do pay roll through it, there are 2 different prices. 0-3 employees, and unlimited.

I will be purchasing, just haven't done it yet.
  7. klkanders

from Midwest

B & B, Thanks for your information. No employyes at this time but good to know.
    Actually i posed this same question on another forum and someone showed me the exact screenprint i was looking for. Quickbooks Pro allows you to pick what columns you want to show on the screen as well as customers copy! This is how I was hoping it would work. I am gonna up-grade to Pro very soon.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond!