Quickbooks Pro

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Carolina Cutter, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me what you think of it if you use it.

A local office supply here has a deal right now that I may jump on.

Quickbooks Pro software for $179 after a $100 rebate.
    Free Quickbooks Customer Manager after $79.99 rebate

Total for both would be $179
  2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

merlin, an even better idea is to go to Office Depot before the 11th of this month as they have the same offer plus a $40 gift card for your next purchase.

the rub to the $100 rebate is it's only for upgraders of the software and not given for new customers or competitor upgrades. the workaround is that to show prior ownership, they are as lenient to allow things such as a screenshot of "your" software or a photocopy of the disk or manual. obviously, we shouldn't condone these sorts of workarounds if you don't actually own the software, but i think they are so lenient on it because they would like the people with illegal copies to upgrade to a legit version and add to the intuit coffers.

check the intuit.com website under the rebates section and you can drill down to the list of what you would need to qualify.

3. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

I have been using QB for 2yrs now. I love it, my customers love it. It takes a little while to know all the ins and outs of the program, but overall it's a winner for me.
  4. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Great program.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Been using QB's for like 7 years now. Great program. Reports section is awesome btw...
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm about to upgrade my quickbooks, what are you using chief?
    Have you seen the new Premier edition for contractors?
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

2003 Eric. Sorry, haven't seen Premier.
  8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

hoss, the new issue of Journal of Light Construction has an article comparing Pro to Premiere Contractors. jlconline.com is the site.

not sure if they have that as a freebie for non-subscribers, so if not, pm me with your email address and i'll share the details.

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

:waving: Thanks! That was exactly what I needed. You just saved me some money!!!!
  10. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I have 2004 Contractors Premier and Customer Manager 2.0
    I'm not won over by the 2.01 CM yet but I love Contractor Pro. The trick to QB is customizing your tool bars and your open windows to fit your needs. For instance if you put a button on your tool bar to open the received bills window you don't have to go to vendors window first then open received bills from there. Putting buttons on the tool-bar for things like that save you a lot of steps for the functions you do most. I like having the register open at the bottom and I have the Company Center to the left and the company manager to the right. All my need to know info is there at the start that way. I'll try posting a screen shot of it.