QuickBooks Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RhettMan, May 10, 2008.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Okay so you guys sold me on quick books, and i added my bank account on there and everything. But how can i manage the money i recieve in cash that i dont deposit into my account? I would like to see
    (Bank Account+Cash/Checks to my name=Total Money)

2. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Set up another account called cash and deposit the cash to that account. If your'e trying to hide the cash then you probably don't want to record it at all.

3. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

You can use Chart of Accounts and then do an ADD and start a new category called CASH, then break down CASH by job etc.

By the way Rhettman, I used to do business with APAC out of Beaumont. Nice people over your way!

4. CleanCutMowers

CleanCutMowers LawnSite Member
    from SE MO

The way I do it is a little different. Whenever you want the money, just go to make deposits and select what to deposit. Then at the bottom it will say cash back and just put in how much to keep or get back out of the checks. The assign the account as owners draw. This is if you keep track of each customer which I do so when i open up the make deposits screen it shows all payments and who paid check and cash. When I receive payments i put if it is check or cash so I know whne i got to make depoisits. I also like to keep track of eash customer even if they pay each time to see how much revenue they generate each year. Hope this helps.