Quickbooks Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FLC2000, Mar 21, 2014.

1. jamaica plain

jamaica plain LawnSite Member

I enter an invoice in QB after each occurrence. I then send out Statements every two weeks.

I have each customer set to either email or mail, depending on how they prefer. To help with cash flow, one week I send out the mailed statements, the next the emailed statements. I am still developing a way to deal with non-payment.

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Emailed payment reminders is what I mainly use under the main customer tab...click on which ones to send and type a note and send via email.
    You might want to require a credit card on file going foreward...its much easier to just charge their cc. I used to mail out lots of very specific invoices monthly and used invoices with statements...just got tired of chasing money..even <30 day pays were sometimes 40 to 50 days after service was performed...
    Moved to contracts and I don't have that problem

3. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

I usually start with an invoice for the season, and then if they start to roll into the next invoice they get a statement stamped "overdue" with the one that is late bolded. The current ones get invoices, the late ones get statements.

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Ditto...big red stamp...buy one from most office supply stores...
    I'll bet staples will ship it

5. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster LawnSite Member

I typically bill with invoices and then send a statement at the end of every month. I bill per time that way money is always coming in and I don't have to plan things out as far.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

Yup, get em to fear the big red "overdue" scrawled across the invoice.