Quickbooks Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mtdman, Jan 2, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

So, I'm contemplating buying Pro 2005. I was looking at the specs, and noticed that the price was for a "single user". Now, with the qb I have now, I've got it on 2 computers, but I'm the only one that uses it. Does that "single user" thing mean you can only put it on one computer? Or can I put it on multiple computers?

;)

2. randy_will

randy_will LawnSite Member

mtdman,

It appears that it can be installed on two separate computers used by you. Managing the data would be a PITA. Additional licenses can be purchased so that more than one computer can access the same data.

This is the license agreement from QB.

Single-User Version

If you purchased a full, single-user license of the Software, you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to use the enclosed Software on the computer(s) used by a single individual. You may make one (1) backup copy of the Software solely for the purpose of reinstalling the Software, if needed, on the computer(s) used by the same single individual

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks. I use my current qb on 2 computers, I just backup the company data and either transfer it by disk or email between the two. I don't need anyone else to access the data from another computer, though.

:D