Quickbooks - Statements - E.Mail

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Nov 28, 2004.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I'm spending way too much time each month doing my billing.

Quickbooks has a way to send statements via e-mail. Suppose I have 100 customers to bill in a month. Also, suppose only 40 of the 100 customers have an e-mail address.

Is there a way to have Quickbooks automatically send the e-mail statements to the 40 customers who have provided an e-mail address and automatically print the other 60 statements?

What I don't want to have happen is to have Quickbooks print all 100 statements and then I have to figure out which customers have already been e-mailed and which ones haven't?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

there is a box at the bottom of the screen where you can mark for printing or email. They you just print the batch or send the batch via email

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

The new versions of Quickbooks premier are like Tideman stated. perhaps you are using an older version?

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i let my wife earn her spending money for the week by doing the billing/payments received :p

5. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys have a problem with Outlook asking you if you want to send these email statements and find that you must click "yes" for each statement?

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

never have had the problem. With the quickbooks mine don't run through outlook, they run right through quickbooks.

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Hey DFW, check your PM's. I sent you one a while back, never heard from you on it.

I have an older version of QB, can't do that with mine. But I've cut my billing in half with the season prepays and the equal monthly payment plans I do. I used to spend a lot more time billing than I do now.

:D

8. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

NO, we have not had that problem with the 2003 pro used last year, nor the Enterprise version used this season.
    MJ

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

This is not quite to the question but concerns volume invoicing couple years ago I bought a letter folder on eBay .... like $80 ... I can fold 100 invoices in just like 2 minutes

10. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

We use enterprise version, but I think the features are the same. When you are setting up a new customer, there is a tab "additional Info" & there is a window named "Type". Set up a 2 customers types in the scroll down window, 1 for email customers & another for regular printing types. Then, you can create statements to email, by selecting the email "customer type" when preparing statements.

MJ