Quickbooks Sucks. Get an Accountant.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DowntoEarthLLC, May 20, 2004.

1. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

It aint no use if you don't know how to use it well.

I'm pissed.

Just thought I'de share that thought.

2. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

When I bought my first new computer. Quick books as installed on it. It did not stay long. For I hated the program and have not had no desire to consider it again.

3. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I LOVE QuickBooks. It is GREAT. You can see what is going on in your business from all different points of view.

I HATE QClip. Haven't been able to figure it out yet. Worst $ I've spent so far in this business.

Mike

4. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

why don't you know how to use it well Downtoearth. I love it. It makes my life easier. I want to become a guru on quickbooks. I truly believe if you use it like it is designed you can put more money on your bottom line.

5. Prot1

Prot1 LawnSite Member

We use gopher and love it. We had quickbooks our first 2 years and didnt care much for it. Gopher along with our accountant has made for a lot less headaches.

6. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

Just short of two years with QuickBooks Pro and can't complain. We operate two companies with employees and 4 or5 banking accounts. Does taxes and depreciation are spot on.

7. Stephen M.

Stephen M. LawnSite Member

Quick Books was always being recommended so I bought it. I was really digusted with it and I understood why my bro in law gets really upset when it is mentioned. I didn't like how I had to buy more services in order to fully use the stuff. I felt like I got robbed.

I've used the demo on GroundsKeeper and I think that would be good.

Clip tried to sell me on it, but I've been using those common sense principals for years and didn't feel the cost was justified. Clip is just packaging your book keeper into the computer, so of course it will save you alot of money. We do our own books, so it doesn't save me money. At tax time, my CPA gets a summary of all our stuff so he does the rest.

If you buy software, you shouldn't have buy more features just to use it.

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I use QB Pro and I do like it but I have used it in other businesses before so I did not have to learn it all at once. I first got just Quick Books and I did not like it always telling me that I would have to get Pro to do this or that. Why do they sell 1/2 a product.

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i use quickbooks pro and gopher with a good accountant, perfect combo....

10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I let my accountant handle all of my book work. After I work all day, I don't want to have to do ANY paper work! Just me. Tony