Quickbooks To Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SLC LLC, Jan 9, 2008.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for some assistance from a Quickbooks user. I am wondering if it is possible to export all of my clients names, addresses, phone number, emails, etc. from Quickbooks Customer Manager into Microsoft Outlook Contacts.

Does anyone know if this is possible, or will I have to retype everything? Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

While I am not familiar with Customer Manager in Quickbooks (I bought it when it came out but quickly quit using it), you should be able to export your list in a variety of formats. Find out what common formats the two share and that should fix you up.

Im thinking you can export your list as a "CSV" file(comma separated variable), and make it an "Excel" file. Then, you can import THAT csv file to outlook.

3. DaveOhio

DaveOhio LawnSite Member

under lists find a client list with all the fields you want. Hit the excel button and export to a new workbook. Save that somewhere.

In outlook go to the contact sections, hit file, import/export. Select import from excel. Be careful NOT to allow it to duplicate contacts if ya already have some in there.

Good Luck

4. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I only have the option of exporting a "list to IIF" file. Anyone familiar with this?

I went ahead and exported the customer list as an IIF file, but there was never an option to choose which items within the customer manager that i would like to export.

Any advice???