1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quickbooks transfer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scottt, Jan 20, 2005.

1. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a new computer and need to transfer QB from old to new. Do I just use the install CD and make a copy of some sort from the old PC to transfer my info? As you can see from my question, I'm not that great with computers so the simpler the explanation the better. Thanks
  2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

do a backup from your old computer on removable media (cd, floppy, zip disk) Then do a restore from your new computer with the new install. You can do the same thing when you upgrade. I make daily backups to a separate drive just in case.
  3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

As grass-scapes said, just make a backup copy to a disk. After you install QB to the new computer, just tell it to use the info from the disk, a: drive or d: drive or whatever. I've done it a few times due to upgrades (grrrr), and it is very easy with QB.

There are forums for QB, something like quickbooksusers.com or similar.
  4. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help. I backup every day, but didn't realize it had all the info needed.