Quickbooks vs Paypal

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by True Harbor, Mar 15, 2006.

1. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

What service would you go with and also is e-bay the cheapeast place to get quickbooks pro. I'm seeing 180 with an 80 dollar rebate. Thanks

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I'm confused by your question, Quickbooks is an Accounting Software Program while Paypal is a Payment Processing Program. The two have little in common except the ability to generate an invoice.

Even at that I still don't see how you could use Paypay to invoice all your clients as many people don't have a Paypal account.

3. indysoccer16

indysoccer16 LawnSite Member

my business just bought quickbooks pro 2006 and we love it. We bought ours through dell and paid 160 each and bought 3 of them. It is a very easy program to learn. I taught my boss all of it since we just upgraded our entire office to make all computers print wirelessly, and get access to the internet wirelessly. Since setting it up my boss has been taking his lap top to the job sites ( drain, grading, sod installs etc) making the invoice as he finishes and the emploies clean up he emails me the invoice, I print it out and its in the mail within an hour of the job being finished.

Also with the features he now sees where he is spending to much money and can watch those areas. ie parts being broken and things like that. We now can tell what empolies abuse and what is hurting us the most. Sorry for the rant I just love the program and it has made the office so much easier to manage.

4. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

I just ordered Quickbooks Pro 2006 from Amazon for $159.99 and free shipping.
    As for the Paypal question are you asking for credit card processing?

5. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Last Year Sams Club was selling Quick books Pro for $118.00.

Tim

6. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

ya for credit cards I mean't I'll be using quickbooks anyways.

7. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Paypal does offer invoice where the client does not have to have a paypal account. Also for $20 per month & the 2.9% per transaction you can set up credit card aceptance over the phone, etc.

PAypal has a bad rep with some & I had a small problem once , but they are so big that there has to be complaints.

8. EgansCountryGardens

EgansCountryGardens LawnSite Member

We have just signed up for quickbooks online. It's frickin awesome. I used to just use quickbooks pro, but with qb online, you can access your accounting program from any computer. You just go log in online, and it's like your program is right there to manage. It's like $12 a month or something. Plus any time there are any new updates they automatically apply them to the program because your logging on through their website. You can be at home and go online and print up customer's invoices, or you can go to the office and do it. It also gives you the option of emailing your customer's their invoices right from the program.

9. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

any other users of QB online..... Thanks

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

DO NOT USE PAYPAL.

I had a sizeable amount of money in my paypal account that got frozen because someone claimed I hadn't shipped them a product.

Paypal was difficult to work with and entirely uncooperative. I will not use them again. Because of them I lost over $200 on a $20 part.