1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quickbooks vs. peachtree

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnwizards, Jan 6, 2005.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

just wanted to know the pros and cons of each. i have peachtree and it seems quite confusing. are all the programs that way? thanks.
  2. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I don't believe I've heard of peachtree. what's the link to their site and all let ya know.
  3. I had somebody give me a copy of peachtree to try out once, and I have never been so lost in my life. Quickbooks pro is what I use and is a lot eiser and user friendly but thats just me.
  4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I had a student copy and hated it.
  5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

More accountants use QuickBooks. I think Peachtree is geared toward business with inventory. QuickBooks has service oriented versions such as QuickBooks Contractor addition.
  6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i've used Peachtree Complete Accounting for 3 years. as Soupy pointed out, yes, it's heavily weighted towards inventory controls. for my remodeling and lco businesses, i just switched to Quickbooks, which is much more intuitive for non-inventory driven businesses.

if you need the inventory functionality, you can buy Peachtree right now (base edition) for "free" after rebates.

7. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Peachtree is WAY OVERKILL for this business, unless you have a large business and the right person to run it full time...if not 2 or 3.
  8. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

I have Peachtree 2004 and bought it because it was free last year with rebates. I have been using it since I have an accounting background. As mentioned in previous posts it is geared for more inventory/production related businesses where you would use more cost tracking then in lawn maintenance. I do not believe it is as intuitive as Quickbooks. Have been looking to change to Quickbooks but waiting for a good price. Also, Quickbooks has interfaces with popular lawn maintenance programs and more accessories available for it, i. e. invoice forms, checks, etc.
  9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

if you want somethine REALLY simple and intuitive, get Microsoft Money for Business. simple, can't do EVERYTHING that QB does, but it's good enough for $60.
  10. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

No Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!