quickbooks vs qbpro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by excel25, Jun 28, 2000.

1. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Any one go from quickbooks to quickbooks pro? is the pro worth the diff. on price? been using QB for a year and got new comp. so was thinking of upgrading to QB2000 than started looking at QB PRO. Not sure if twice the price is worth it. <p>----------<br>Dennis<br>EXCEL LAWN CARE

2. Hello Excel25:<p>I don't know much about this, but here is their URL:www.quickbooks.com they offer a demo, that's the best way to find out, expescially if you are already using it.<p>BTW, I think while I was there at the site they offer a upgrade too. Probably real good price if you download straight off the Internet, if it's available.<p>Lots of folks afraid to buy downloads off Internet, I do it all the time because it saves a good bit of money.<p>Please don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you are, I'm just here to help everybody & someone else might not know this!!!!!<p>As far as loosing that info once downloaded, if you are using windows 95 or above, just click on start, goto programs, goto accessories, goto system tools & then click on back up. <p>It's a really nice program to back up your larger programs onto disk. I use it if they are under 10 megs & if they are over that I back up to Zip disk. When I get older I will get me a CD Read & Write.<p>Also if you do a search on this forum, you can find out all kinds of great info on everything & there's a good bit on Quick Books & on the Pro version also!!!!!<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

For the last 2 year I used QB. The Y2K update, which was free, was a full version of QB pro. There is no difference between the two as far as I know, unless you are using it for payroll. There was a time restriction on the update which I think has past. But I requsted it from their website in November. I didn't receive the update, so I called them directly. This was not easy since I didn't buy their service plan. I couldn't download the update since I am on a Mac, but try the demo download as suggested if you are on a PC. Someone in a earlier foum mentioned a program called Lawnmonkey, but this may be for scheduling. Good Luck !

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey Excel-<p>We have been using qb-pro for 2 1/2 years now and before that I used qb. If you go to the website @ www.quickbooks.com you can look at the chart and it compares all of their products. Hope this helps<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

5. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

We switched to quickbooks pro six years ago and have never gone back.

6. http://us.box.sk/cgi-bin/robot.cgi?srch=quick+books&submit=+search+&project=robot

7. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I use the pro but to me it wasnt neccesary. The regular version is just fine. With pro you can have more than one user and can relay info back and forth thus making mony users interface. This is the reason i bought the pro but it was an extra 100. bucks. In my opinion you the pro versoin is just too much for just basic lawn care. The pro offers many more little things like job estimating and bidding and time tracking, proggres invoicing, and multi user ready it also integrates with microsoft excel and word. I just use mine for invoices. <p>