1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

QuickBooks2001 Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DMAN, Feb 19, 2002.

1. DMAN

DMAN LawnSite Member

I am currently using Quickbooks 2001 and I am wondering if it is possible to assign "per cut" prices to each individual customer on my invoice. I want to be able to have that price come up every time i go to invoice that customer for the month so i don.t have to enter it in every time in the column that says "price". Does it have something to do with "price levels"" with a customer?? I tried this but then it lists the" per cut" prices in a drop-down list(when you click on the "0.00" in the price column) so you still have to choose the "appropriate" price for Mrs.Jones when you invoice her. I hope this is clearly explained at what I am trying to get at!! Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks for all replys.

DMAN

2. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

dman, I don't think it can be done. I've fooled around with that idea too. Now I just keep the prices for customers in custom fields, so I can pull it up when I forget.

3. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

i also have quickbooks, what I do is just make an estimate for each customer with that per cut prive in there... then I click invoice, and it says something like "do you want to use the estimate as an invoice?" i hit yes, and then the price per cut pops up... hope that helps

4. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

i really like that estimate idea, but i just use memorized invioces and have a different item for each customer. ie. mr Goedeker's lawn is $35, so i create an item mowgoedeker @$35.

simple enough and tracks a per cut, then you can do 4 of those and memorize that for a month if you want or whatever combination that you choose. Actualy now i use statement charges tho, rather than invoices.

5. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

Good point lawnmaster5000,

Statement charges are much easier for recurring charges than invoices. I think it is easier to type in the price than to scroll through over a hundred items (one for each customer). We use statement charges for maintenance and invoices for jobs that require a detailed breakdown of costs involved. Hope this helps.