quickchute ocdc causing blowout??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imograss, Jul 14, 2003.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

this is my first time using the ocdc. id like to hear from quikchute owners on the end result of this product. i just installed it and in the closed position it seems to cause a pretty good amount of blowout on mt super z. i will give it the real test tomorrow through a full day of mowing. just thought id try to get some replies.
    thanks
    tim

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is a anti blowout kit available for your mower, we suggest its use in mulching and bagging situations and it should work well in your application also.
    It is part # 368498 and the MSRP is $55.00

Hope this helps
    Pj

3. CharlesF.

CharlesF. Banned

you only close it when you don't want to get grass in beds.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

ANY time you close any OCDC, you are going to get blowout. This is the reason that I try to get by with not closing it fully when possible. I try to leave it open just a bit to allow the deck to "breathe". This makes a big difference.;)

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, all OCDC's are for quick bursts of use. 5 seconds here, 3 seconds there, and the longer you keep it closed the bigger the ball of grass it'll leave when you open it!

6. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

What's an "anti-blowout" kit? Not to sound stupid, but isn't that pretty much the same thing as an OCDC?

Brian

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Antiblowout kits are generally an addition to the front deck baffle. In effect it lowers this baffle closer to the ground, preventing frontal blowout. Some mowers lower the front skirt, while others lower the baffle.

8. imograss

i used the quikchute today. it did what its supposed to do. the only thing i dont like is using it in the half open position. doing this creates a gap between the deck and the ocdc, agling the discharged grass right into your face. i guess its no biggie as its mostly used in the wide open position. thanks for the replies
    tim

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats why "The Director" has the rubber flap!

[​IMG]

10. imograss

tls,
    do you have a close up pic of your ocdc. i may modify mine with some kind of flap.
    thanks
    tim