Quicken home and small business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Carolina Cutter, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Well.......after another season of boxes full of paper I decided I needed a compter program to do my money management. I looked at Gopher and Groundskeeper and even downloaded their trials.....I like them but was not ready to fork over the money that they cost. So.....I thought I would try this program. No, it doesn't have schedualing or equipment recording but it IS a good program for all the financial stuff. It does a very good job of keeping the records straight and even has a vehicle milage tracker for tax time. So far I like it. Maybe I will purchase Gopher or Groundskeeper next season but for now it works for me and at a price of about $90 I am very satisfied.

Not advertising for them in anyway....just thought that some of the startup guys would be interested in a little review......

2. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

Mmmm,

I've actually went with this lawncare software and have been happy with it. would suggest anyone to check them out. It's easy on the pocketbook and good even for small company's.

http://www.lawncare-business.com

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Richard that is a really good site. How did you run across it just out of curiosity?

4. bblawncareprofessionals

bblawncareprofessionals LawnSite Member

Saw that site, but didn't think it would help any more than I was able to research on my own. There's several good books on start-ups and/or small businesses available on-line or at major booksellers that give you this needed information. Some of you guys need to use the search engines better. Try starting & lawn & business on Google, crikees!

5. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Have you used any other of their services besides the lawn-care software. (i.e. logos or buisness cards)

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Merlin I have been using Quicken Home and Business for many years now and it works well for my business. I know there are other packages out there and some are very good but this works for my situation now and I can't fix what aint broke.

7. mowboy1

mowboy1 LawnSite Member

Hi MOW ED,

I like Quicken too but found that the lack of scheduling and routing functionality was a big negative. Not sure how big you are but if and when you grow you will likely find that these 2 pieces alone are well worth the extra cost of Gopher or Groundskeeper.

I think the very best scenerio is to have Quickbooks with an LCO package (like Golpher) that will integrate with it. The best of both worlds!

All the best!

8. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

I bought it....and had a question.

Very poor customer service. I felt he was only interested in the sell...not any follow up.

9. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

What part of it did you go with.....the $39 part or the $59 dollar software. Interested in how the software works...........

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Merlin,

Thank you for considering us.