Quicken Payroll questions?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by echeandia, Mar 12, 2008.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I am hiring my first employee and am considering Quicken Payroll. Is it easy to use? Does it provide the necessary forms, setup, and record keeping for state and federal requirements? Does it have Spanish versions of some of the forms? Is there a better alternative? Thanks.

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

So no one uses Quicken Payroll?

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

for just one employee just do it by hand the forms are all available online. should only take you 5 minutes to do, just keep track of hours, gross deductions and net and then file you 940 quarterly.

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I started to do the payroll for my employee myself, but then went to quicken payroll and it is so easy to do now.
    You can go to www.intuit.com it should have the answers to all of your questions.

5. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

think of the future. I use Quick books pro for accounting. Then I added Qxpress, (so Sweet), I want to buy my wife the quick books payroll because the hours that you enter into Qxpress then can be entered into QB with a touch of a button. So look at what you will be using as you grow. and maybe you won't have to change sytems or buy new. Personally 1 employee I would do by hand.