1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TNT Lawncare, Jul 3, 2006.

1. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys use Quicken Business Software and does it work good for a mowing business? Let me know what you guys think.
  2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I have it for keeping track of my bank accounts, etc, and for invoicing.

However, I feel it is combersome and do not care for it. I have been thinking of going with Quickbooks Contractors Edition, which has scheduling, contractors forms templates, such as change orders, etc.

The thing that I do not like about quicken is that when I create an invoice, it adds that amount to my bottom line, but there is no way that I have found to coincide the payment of that invoice with the deposits that are justified when I download my bank information, so then my books become all screwed up between bank information and when I tell the software that the invoice has been paid. In other words it thinks I have been paid the same amount twice.

Having said all that, I am not sure if quickbooks handles such things any differently.