Quickest way(s) to gain Market Share

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by newguy123, Nov 6, 2013.

1. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

This is sound advice.

All the big boys around here are commercial only. They all market their businesses. They sponsor local events. They give to charity. Are you in a position to go after that market? If I could pay to compete with that I couldn't keep up with the outcome. You got $200K on tap to expand? Score isn't a bad group of people to work with, I am lucky we camp next to a guy who consults for score. Got :drinkup::drinkup: a few times with him this summer and listened to him ramble on.

Paying a professional to do what they do best is $ well spent. It's why people hire us to mow their grass. Don't be afraid to spend a little $.

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Buying out a guy wanting out. Shed the bad accounts. Keep the good accounts.

Word of mouth goes a long ways once your big enough.

SEO stuff I know you have a good contact for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

We pick up 40 new accounts every spring; in the spring is where 95% of our customers are gained. I'm not complaining; but I would like to gain more like 100-200 ever spring.

Right now about 80% of our growth comes from our website. We're ranked high; that's not a problem. In the spring we usually only spend $1500 on printed advertising. I've thought about spending at least $10k on advertising...

Thoughts?

4. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Take what your doing and do it 5X as much?

5. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's probably the best idea yet...its worked, just do it on a bigger scale.

Thanks.