1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quicksilver anyone?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by upidstay, Apr 29, 2006.

1. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Anybody using Quicksilver herbicide? It is more of an adjuvant (makes herbicides work better) than a stand alone. It will seriously kick an herbicide in the butt. Reduces the time until you see results to hours. It also does an awesome job when you mix it with Drive 75. I like it because you can actually use less (20-25% less) herbicide with it. This can be a good marketing tool for eco-conscious customers. the stuff ain't cheap ($100 for an 8oz bottle) but that little bottle goes a very long way. 1 ml will treat 1000'
  2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

i used it as a stand alone and wasnt impressed but i will try it with another and give it another shot
  3. My usual supplier stopped offering Speedzone, so I started to use Quick Silver and Trimec 992 mixed. It works much better then Trimec alone and I feel its worth the money.

I also use lower rates of Trimec and Speedzone and add some sticker.
  4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just go to http://www.pbigordon.com/ put in your zip code and see what other stores carry it. The closest Lesco dealer didn't carry it but next town over Lesco dealer did so they shipped it free to my house.
  5. Clevelandturfgrass

Clevelandturfgrass LawnSite Member

Mr Barefoot, have you heard of Turfgrass, Inc.? There is a warehouse in South Lyon, MI.. Call them and they will tell you who your rep. is and what they have a available, 248-437-1427.