Quicksilver or triplet ester 11

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nitroman, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I know this has been discussed but I can't find the threads. By my math if I by regular triplet and spike with quicksilver is about the same price per acre or 1k as buying triplet w/ ester 11. I'm thinking one of these will be my spring and fall herbicide. I really want to kill ground ivy, prostrate, and chickweed the harder broadleafs. Also keep in mind I have a new magnum and I don't want to burn up the pump with speedzone ect.

so which is more effective triplet(three way) with ester II or triplet(three way) being spiked with quicksilver?
  2. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I was researching ester 11 and came across one of your post. How did you make out with ester 11 in your Magnum? I bought a Magnum last year and used 3 way and had some success. This year with the cooler temps I used ester 2 at 5oz per gallon. I thought it ended up kinda pricey. You noted that ester can burn up the pumps which has me worried.
    Any feedback would be great.
  3. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

i got suckered into quicksilver i think it sucks...dont like the contacts much...