1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quicktrak vs. Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Sep 11, 2004.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking of buying a stander for next season. I like the Deere dealer (Weingartz), but there are things I prefer with the Wright -- mainly closer to the bar steering levers, and I love the quad lever steering.

Which do you guys and gals prefer?
  2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well you know what I am going to say. Wright. I have ran the rest. Other than the quick height adjustment deck on the GD and JD. Nothing can compete with the stander. I got two now. Hopefully another on the way.
  3. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I see you think the 61" Sentar is to big for properties and want to go down to a 52". Are you wanting a Stander instead or a just a smaller Sentar? I'm not interested in trading just wondering if you simply prefer a one over the other. What are your thoughts on the Sentar in comparision to the Stander? Just curious here because I was thinking of picking up a Sentar at some point.
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I am about to buy another stander for next year. I will let this 61" sentar go real cheap. I perfer a 52" 19hp+ stander if you have one to trade.

The sentar is more powerful, heavier, bigger. The floating deck is nice. I like to stand. My back is bad (really stucks when your 19) The sitting on the sentar hurt my back to much and the controls aren't high enough to stand all day. Its a nice machine. I like it, but my back and my very uneven properties keep me from using it. So its got to go.
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

DEMO,DEMO, and DEMO some more, and decide for yourself..
  6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Read "giving up on my stander" I wrote a whole book.
  7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, I just read it. Maybe if Exmark would come out with a stander!?! Then maybe we'd be talking!