Quiet as a mouse

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Sep 9, 2001.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I recently did a zoysia sod job and I was there one day last week checking things out. The lawn behind it was being cut but I could hardly hear it running. I could see it was a Kubota. I climbed up the fence and watch the guy for a few minutes until he noticed me and stopped. He said he was running at about 60% with a mulch kit on it. The cut was good but the noise level was unbelievable. It was the diesel motor. He put it at 100% for me to hear and I couldn't believe it. At 100% it was quieter than my Lazer HP Kawi at idle.

Below is the link to the model I saw, it did not have the bagging unit on.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

you didn't fall off the fence did you???:D Btw, how many hp did it have to be so quiet?
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It was either 22 or 25. I don't remember.
  4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed the ZD series with a diesel late last fall when they were first intoduced locally.
    They are amazingly quiet and comfortable. Like driving a Cadillac. They also have a lot of cool bells and whistles. The front caster bar pivots to jack the mower up for easy blade and deck maintenance.
    My objection to it was the stamped deck design. Looks like they yanked a Craftsman lawn tractor deck and painted it orange.
    Overall, it's a pretty nice machine. I'm not seeing a lot of them on trailers. Dixie Choppers and ExMark Lazers are the local favorites.