quik green

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Jul 14, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a new lawn thats kinda browning up. Just got the lawn yesterday and need to green it up. We have gotten tons of rain today and i went to the prop and raked out the lawn. It was full of dead grass matted in. anyway, i wanted to know what would green it up super fast. I put down some Lesco 24-5-11 today also. glad i did since it rained. Would liquid iron do the trick? Here is a pic of the lawn. Sorry pic is not good.

picture 012.jpg

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Iron works real fast.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

when i had a problem with my lawn, i dethatched,ironed,put down lesco17-17-17, seeded with lesco transition blend, put down germination mats, watered 3-4 times daily , and i had the grass about 1/2" tall in 4 days. i'm serious!!

4. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Well if you landscape that baby like the coffee drinking lawn guys have planned, (a tropical theme) then a little sand spread in front and a beach umbrella would look nice.
    My guess is that that is a filled site, (old concrete/rocks etc)
    and it will be a constant battle.
    With all the rain we have gotten, and will continue to get thru next week you should be able to see a difference soon.

You might add some soil to the lawn if they go for the landscaping.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Iron will green it up fast without a lot of growth.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Check your 24-5-11 that you put on it, it mat have iron in it. Lesco's does. Just cut it at around 3.75", and give it a week or two. If you are getting adequate rain, it'll be fine. It looks almost as if it's being cut a bit too short for the heat and water conditions, so back off on the mowing height. If it's that low, it'll take a few weeks for ALL the grass to catch up and look full when you rtaise the height, but that's ok. Keep us updated, and let us see how it goes. Good luck with it!

7. Longstar

Longstar LawnSite Member

The Lesco 24-5-11 will green it up. No need to put any additional iron on right now.

8. chefdrp

thanks guys. It was a lesco fert. This week we had pleny of rain. It rained for 3 days straight.

9. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

havnt we seen pictures of this lawn for the past couple of weeks? Unless it was anothe similar photo, i thought you got this lawn about a month ago? was it then still in the bidding stages?
    Just curious
    trevor

10. chefdrp

yes Trev. I just got the job. Before i was just talking with the owner.