1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quik trak 647 and 647a

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nathan101, Aug 27, 2007.

1. nathan101

nathan101 LawnSite Member
    from florida

i just brought a john deere 647 with 100 hours for 2300.the mower is great and handles really well but i just wanted to know what the difference is between the 647 and the 647a.
  2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I bought a JD 647 this year too. I think the 647 is just like a Great Dane Super Surfer. They look exactly alike. Gravely now makes one too. The 647a is Deeres takeoff of that original design. The deck height adjuster can be done with one lever and without getting off. They switched to two gas tanks, one over each wheel.
    The 647a's Ive looked at I dont care much for. They have plastic where the old ones had steel.
    I dont know...I like my mower but I may go back to a Toro Z master when I get enough hours on this Deere.
  3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

647a is the newer model with rapid height adj, and few minor trim differences
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

The 647a is the newer version. Has the better hight adjuster, plastic gas tank(only one tank). Also, has the dual unitized pump and uses a different hydraulic filter. Bunch of other little things too but i can't remember them all.
  5. nathan101

nathan101 LawnSite Member
    from florida

does mine have the 7 iron deck II or just the regular 78 iron deck
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Can you post a pic of the deck??