Quik Trak Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smlavin, Aug 17, 2004.

1. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

I need a bigger mower and like the idea of a JD Stander. I have read several posts telling how efficient a stander is. The question is how do you guys with the Quik Trak like them? If you had to buy a mower again would you go with a stander or ZTR? Before I spend upwards of 7 thousand dollars I would like to hear from guys who already own and use one. Thanks

2. liltex

liltex LawnSite Member

i am also looking into one. what's the cost? vs exmark lazer z (48) $6000. like jd's ztr but the price is off the roof. i also know the exmark gravely dealer in my area is great. hopefully someone will come thru for us.

3. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

Guys (and Gals) come on...Please...Surely someone owns a Quik-Trak and can share their experiences.:blob4:

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Sm..I know a couple of Guy's here have em'. I think one dude lives down in FL. I don't have the Deere, but I do have a Surfer.. There are some differences, mainly the deck. I really like my machine, But Great Dane parts are getting scarce... I think the 7 iron deck is probly a real nice deal.... I just wish my Surfer had 27hp, instead of 22....

Do a search on "quick track", there plenty of good reading there...

5. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 647 and love it. Very fast mower with a Clean cut.

6. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

Thanks TX and KDJ. One of the threads mentions one or the other front wheel being off the ground a great deal - like the front end is too light. I know the Surfer is a lot like the Quik Trak. Either of you ever have this problem?

Now that you have had them a while, would you trade your stander for a ZTR?

Any other opinions? I need input.

7. txlawnking

Sm, I can wheely if I TRY, it is deffinatly NOT wheely prone, however..

To tell you the truth, the times I would like to sit, are on clean ups, in other words, when the growth is so heavy, that I'm moving at a crawl.. I picked up a new client today, and the place hadn't been mown in 2 months... the entire place, .6 acre ( or about 28,00sq. ft..) took me 2 hours to triple cut.. I would like to sit for that.. The only other time is on lawns that are about as smooth as the Rocky mountains..that are really large.

The only two thing I really wish the machine did better, would be:

Have more HP, Mine is a 22/52" and I wish it had 27hp..
    And the dane deck just isn't spectacular.. IF you NEVER cut down 14-24" of growth to 3 1/4" in one pass, you may never notice these problems LOL Seriously though, I really do like it, But I bet I'd like the JD better.. God bless, and good luck, if you buy the JD, give us a FULL report please!! LOL

8. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I own the 6476 Quick trak. I love it. Cuts very clean and very fast. It holds very well on hills. Never had the front wheels come off the ground. The seven iron deck is a tank. hope this helps some.

9. txlawnking

Oh yeah, I forgot to add.. it is quick.. very manueverable and pretty fast too.. especially mine that turns 4,000 rpm's...:D

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

bring it up to MI:D