Quikchute

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by greasy_gun, Aug 3, 2004.

1. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

spoke with Dale at quikchute this morning.....

extremely nice fella...

i had sent him an email, and he musta called me 5 minutes later!!!

great guy to talk with=>knowledgeable of his product,courteous,fun to chat

mentioned that i see alot of people wanting his product for many of the various mowers that quikchute currently does not carry/manufacture...

now get this..Dale's response..."i realize there are many people wanting a quikchute for different brands of mowers, but we are not going to make a chute that isnt correct for the mower, and the buyer ends up having problems with the chute"

guys n gals, a man feels that strong about his product, gotta be good!!

i ordered a quikchute for my hustler mini_z on the spot..!!

Thanks to Dale for the great customer support and courtesy,
    and also many thanks to all of you guys for the feedback/experience that are currently using a quikchute (JHE, IMOGRASS, and especially NoWalk4Me for the great pics and explanation)!!:blob4:

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

You will enjoy it. I wonder how i got by without one before.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Best one i EVER USED!!!!
    John

4. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

I "second" Mr. Gamba! Greasy, you must have dealt w/ the same guy I talked to as he was very informative. He said he'd been in the business for 15-20 years and developed the QC for his own use and had requests from others to fill a need. Now he's doing it! Even discussed the dominant mowers in my area and sent me extra brochures to take to my dealer to spread the news. Great people building an equally great product!

5. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

I agree - great product, great customer service and fast shipping. I would do it all over if I had to.

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

How does he get around the problem of making a product that "suggests" running without the chute deflector????
    I know we all do it, but nevertheless the lawyers don't see it that way.

7. greasy_gun

received the quikchute this afternoon,after ordering it monday.

took about 15 minutes to mount it on the mower-no drilling,a few nuts n bolts.

my unit does not 'suggest' running without the chute deflector.

on the top of the quikchute is the following;

CAUTION OPERATE WITH DOOR CLOSED

however, as far as the factory/actual chute deflector being removed-that is an individual choice-in my case electing to replace the factory chute with an aftermarket product.

i would think the lawyers would hold me(the individual) responsible...as it was my choice, and seeing that quikchute has the above 'cautionary statement' placed on the product...

8. Doc Pete

I don't think you're getting the picture. If the deflector must be removed to have the OCDC operate correctly, then by default, since the OCDC "Does" open and close, which is it's normal operation, then the company that makes them "is" suggesting to run the chute totally open at times.
    If I'm wrong then the OCDC should bolted down tight and not be made in such a way to allow it to open. After all, if it's supposed to be closed all the time what is the purpose to have it open????

9. greasy_gun

i dont think you understand the full scope. the factory chute does not close, but remains open at all times. so does this, by default, suggest that the manufacturer wants the chute open at all times?
    if i'm wrong, then the factory is at fault for not allowing the chute to close?

10. Doc Pete

You're kidding right??? The factory chute doesn't close and is not made to close. You already know that.

The factory chute is just that, a chute that cannot and is not supposed to be closed, so your suggestion that it can be closed, is a moot point. On the other hand, "if" you use the quickchute, the factory chute must come and not you have a full open chute, which will not pass ANSI standards. Furthermore, the "intended" operation, and selling point of the quickchute is that it can open and close as needed. "However" in the open state, which I already mentioned, it will not meet ANSI standards of which the factory chute, "as presented", does.