Quincept, new

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Mar 3, 2008.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

That sure sounds like an interesting product John. I like the fact that unlike Q4, it doesn't have Sulfentrazone in it. That must be how NuFarm's going to be able to keep the price of it down. If it's cheap enough to use in blanket apps, that sure will be nice. That's the one thing I didn't like about Q4. It's just too expensive to do blanket apps with.

I'll just have to carry a dedicated nutsedge backpack in the van with me, since it doesn't have Sulfentrazone. I'll be happy to make that trade-off though. :cool2:

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

it'd be nice if it had metsulfuron for buttonweed though. If it did, it would cover "all" of my broadleaves plus the crabgrass.

4. GreenCare Consulting

GreenCare Consulting LawnSite Member

Ted, what time are you typically seeing and treating your buttonweed? I have found that once it gets very established, I have a hard time getting rid of it.

Thanks,

GC

5. ted putnam

I use the "high" rate on the manor label I usually begin treating for it as soon as I start seeing it. I'm not sure exactly when that is but my 1st app is liquid pe-emerge, post emerge and fert in tank. My 2nd is dry fert and spot spray weeds. I start spot spraying for buttonweed and nutgrass as soon as I begin to see them in my Round 2 app. Probably April- May in this area.

6. GreenCare Consulting

GreenCare Consulting LawnSite Member

Ted,

I should have thought of this yesterday, what kinds of turf are your treating with the metsulfuron? I am mainly treating TTTF lawns, and I believe that is why I haven't tried manor on the buttonweed.

GC

7. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I priced this seen it last week just a general price of 2 hundred for 2.5 gal compared to 250 for 2.5 of Q4 but never used it
    Charles Cue

8. ted putnam

The label says to use it at its lowest rate on Fescue. It says it may yellow and stunt it temporarily...I got news for them, it does that to bermuda as well. I would add some chelated iron to my mix to help counteract the temporary yellowing. It is the only thing out there that works that I have found. Good Luck.

9. ted putnam

I treat mainly bermudas and zoysia.

10. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

My initial experience with Q4 was OK on young (less than 4") crabgrass. But once the crabs were 6+" the Q4 was helpless. They would brown out in 1 week then regrow in 2 weeks. The cost was high for such lack luster performance.

Still haven't used Quincept but one look at the cost difference & this comparison starts to look very encouraging.

Q4

2,4-D Amine………………………..12.02%
    Quinclorac……………………………..5.69%
    Dicamba………………………………..1.38%
    Sulfentrazone……….……………...0.69%

2.6 – 3 oz/M

Quincept

2,4-D Amine…..…………………….13.24%
    Quinclorac……………….…………….8.25%
    Dicamba…………………………………1.38%

2.5 – 2.9 oz/M