Quit Watering!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Sep 8, 2001.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I am so tired of people watering EVERY day. I have one customer that just has to water every day no matter what. It's been 70-75 here, which isn't as hot as it was, but the water doesn't evaporate because of the humidity. So when I go to mow, at night, the lawn is SOAKED and the last time it was watered was early that morning or late the last night. So it's hot enough to keep it growing like mad, but the water doesn't evaporate so it's wet. AHHH! So, the lawns get about 6-7 inches of growth, seriously, and I have to double cut to get it to look decent. PLEASE QUIT WATERING! LOL. Anybody else having these problems as well? Later guys.

2. Yes I have one like this. The guy keeps watering all the Nutsedge and it gets very tall. I've told him to cut back but does not listen. I sprayed it today to kill the weeds so it wont grow so much and I am CHARGING him for it. The other thing that bothers me about it, he calls every week to see when we are coming and we mow it the same day every week. Duh I dunno I be there the same day as last week DUH! Can we go to jail for killing customers?

BTW tripple cut every week if not more times.

LGF:blob1:

3. bkd

bkd LawnSite Member

If your customer insist on continued watering I believe I would adjust my price to compensate for the triple cutting.

4. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Have 1 too.Freak about watering,huge yard always wet. I 've told him about every other day,but nothing.His root system is so shallow,if the well goes down his lawn can burn in 2-5 days depending on the temps.This yr well dies hottest part of summer, crabgrass appears instantly.:angry:

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Same scenario here. Its been a dry year, so I tolerate the extreme growth when it does rain. Charging extra is a good choice if it is a continuous problem.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Same thing here. Except its been the clouds causing the rain.:D

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

If its that wet,Im surprised you havent got any fungus,or algea on that lawn,If its wet all the time,its going to get algea sooner or later,then they have to let it dry out,or treat with fungicides.The grass gets wicked slippery when you get algea,as slick as oil.

8. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I go around with my customers every year and now give up. When they ask about the bad cut I tell them it is their own fault.:angry:

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Richard-What about clover growing? This guy has clover like nuts too, along with a soaked lawn.