Quiting Time !!!! Tired of cleaning tracks !

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Construct'O, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Been fighting mud all year.The last two weeks it has been wet and warmer after a cold spell.Today that all changed!!!!!! There was around 6" of frost in places to nonebut that will be changing.Will have a foot or more by this time tomorrow night.

Went from 40 degrees to 13 degrees in about 2 hours.Wind is blowing with gust up to 45 miles an hour,we might miss the snow.They was forecasting it to hit today so was busy trying to finish up jobs yesterday that i had started and getting things moved home.

Didn't get one of the trenchers home,but got everything else here.Was going to get trencher today,but had to road it 6 miles home and the wind and cold was to much ,without a cab.So it gets to stay where it is looks like.

For the other stuff some will get put inside ,the other will get left out.Buildings are never big enough seems like.Topped machines off with fuel,checked things over,cleaned tracks some more ,but was freezing fast.Put fuel on the blades to keep them from rusting for now.

So has anyone else called it good for the year yet? I still had a backlog of work and even had a guy call yesterday wanting a job done the last minute.Imagine that:rolleyes:Hopefully they will wait:confused::usflag:

Equip Put Away 08 002.jpg

Equip Put Away 08 005.jpg

2. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like were joining the club too! That artic front just arrived here in Kansas City. Temps plunged very quickly.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

We haven't even hit the slow times yet here, even the traffic flaggers are all lined up.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I got my 9020B home on Friday. Good thing, Winter came hard and fast this weekend. Everything else is home. I have a couple small jobs that need to do weather permitting. Now it looks like moving snow will be the order of the day. Wanting to pull the trigger on a Quick Attach HF snow blower, but I think I will see how the snow progresses before I lay out the 7K.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Do you farm to? I see that grain wagon in the barn..

Why 3 dozers? What models are they?

6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I've been done for some time. The weather has been really cold, usually we taper off but it was kinda quick this year. Cut up some of the trees from my fence row clearing yesterday and increased my carbon footprint.

How fast does your big trencher go?

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Hey! I just noticed, I am not the only guy that likes Dodge around here! [​IMG]

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Finished up on friday in the mud. I am waiting for it to snow. We are still on the warm side of the front for now. However they are predicting about 1/2" of ice here tonight. I thing tomorrow I will make sure everything is ready to go for the snow. I've got one pave patio I might try to do this winter if we have a thaw. I was considering bidding on some ROW work (gas pipe line) but after much consideration I passed on it. They wanted all the work done from January 1st to April 15th and it just seems like the weather and ground conditions during that time are unfavorable. Let some other poor sap do that work.

9. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Why three,was because had more to get done then i could do with the two that i own.The older one was mine ,but sold it to farmer this spring then he let me use it this fall to help out with all the work that i had to do in return for me doing work for him in return for use of the dozer:dancing:.

The farming operation is my hobby( family farm),since the construction bus has to pay the bills.Also have some mooooooooo cows.You have to do a dozen things to make a living now does.You can't just be happy in your comfort zone doing one thing.

You have to be diversified,more so in hard time then in good.Can't put all your eggs in one basket,your from the country you should know that.Right:confused:

You have to be working and thinking 24/7 and have some luck,more luck,seems sometimes then work:confused:

Dozers are Cat(D6R,D6H, D6C(farmers),pickup there is Dodge,but also have a Ford pickup and a Chevy car(Old Chevy Nova Sports Coupe), Deere skid and mini,so it's what every works for you and how well you take care of it, then what brand it is.Service like said before is worth alot.

The other trencher is slow on the road and the weather changed so fast that i didn't have time to go get it this morning, down two miles of mud roads bsides.Plus went to church and by the time i got out the temps was really dropping.

I wanted to get my other equipment put up also,just not enough time or help.Since my helperz was off deer hunting(plus Sunday).They did show up after most everything was done.Got them to hay the MOOOOOOO !:) i was froze out !!!!!!!!! :usflag:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Simple enough here.......we are done and put away.....its snow time.